Jasminum Grandiflorum – Chameli (Pink)
Jasminum grandiflorum, also known variously as the Spanish jasmine, Royal jasmine, Catalan jasmine, and Chameli among others, is a species of jasmine native to South Africa. Jasmine is famous for its wonderful tropical fragrance and lovely blossoms that attract bees. It is delicate and lovely with small pink flowers. Although some species are yellow or cream, jasmine blossoms normally are white and can bloom all year long.
Jasminum grandiflorum Chameli is fast growing, strong climbing, semi-evergreen vine. In the spring, summer, and fall, this vine produces a profusion of fragrant white blooms. It loves wet, well-drained, light soil that is supplemented with organic matter and blooms on fresh growth. tolerant to both drought and pollution. This plant may reach a height of 20 to 40 feet and blooms from summer to fall.
Jasminum has been made into a well-known scent around the world. It was introduced as a perfume in Europe in the 16th century. The flowers create an aroma that exudes a calm atmosphere, relieving mental and emotional strains. Due to the pleasing scent, J. grandiflorum are commonly made into essential oils, perfumes, soaps, and cosmetics worldwide.
Requirements to Keep Plant Healthy
- Sunlight: Natural bright light/indirect bright light.
- Watering: Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to the touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in the winter and rainy seasons.
- Soil: Soil should be a good drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
- Fertilizer: During the main growing season feeds the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Protection: Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants, For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil or any oil spray for primary treatment.
- Beautiful pink color star-shaped flowers.
- Its fragrance will very amazing and adorable.
- Distinctive evergreen flowering plant.
- Very easy to grow and little care plant.
- Jasmine a fast-growing flowering plant.
- The perfect plant for an outdoor garden and sunny balcony.
- It is one of the most beautiful and popular flowers plants for the landscape.