Juhi Plant (Indian Jasmine) – plant
The Juhi plant, scientifically known as Jasminum auriculatum, is a captivating addition to any garden. Belonging to the olive family, it originates from the Indian subcontinent and thrives in tropical and subtropical climates. Its outdoor nature makes it a perfect choice for embellishing your garden or patio.
What sets the Juhi plant apart is its captivating fragrance that infuses the air with sweet floral notes. Its small, white blossoms with a star-like shape bloom abundantly, creating a mesmerizing visual and olfactory spectacle. This evergreen climber is cherished not only for its aesthetic appeal but also for its traditional medicinal uses.
The Juhi plant’s excellent adaptability to different soil types and its minimal upkeep make it an appealing option for both experienced and novice gardeners. Infuse your outdoor space with the captivating charm of the Juhi plant and indulge in the beauty of its blossoming flowers, all while being enchanted by its delightful fragrance.
- Location: Place your Juhi plant in a sunny spot with partial shade. It loves the outdoors and thrives in tropical and subtropical climates.
- Soil: Well-draining soil is key. Mix garden soil with compost for a nutrient-rich blend.
- Planting: Plant during the warmer months, giving the roots time to establish. Space multiple plants about 3 feet apart.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Water when the top inch of soil feels dry.
- Pruning: Regularly trim to maintain shape and encourage new growth. Prune after flowering.