Raat Rani “Cestrum nocturnum” – Plant
Raat Rani Plant, also known as Cestrum nocturnum, is an intriguing and one-of-a-kind addition to any garden or outdoor environment. This lovely plant is well-known for its enticing smell, which grows stronger as the sun sets and the night takes over. It is a treat to look at both day and night, with its slender, elongated green leaves and clusters of petite, tubular white flowers.
The Raat Rani plant’s ability to emit a pleasant and delightful fragrance becomes most captivating after the sun has set. As the night descends, the small white flowers start to bloom and release their alluring scent, leading to the plant being commonly referred to as the “Raat Rani,” a name that translates to the “Queen of the Night.”
Raat Rani plant care is simple, making it a popular choice for gardeners of all ability levels.
The Raat Rani plant not only provides visual attractiveness to your outdoor environment, but it also adds a sense of mystery and romance. You’re sure to find it is a captivating and cherished addition to your garden, whether you’re admiring its beautiful blossoms during the day or indulging in its enticing aroma at night.
- Location: Place your Raat Rani in a location that gets partial to full sun. It thrives in outdoor gardens as well as huge pots on balconies or patios.
- Soil: To avoid waterlogging, use soil that drains properly. It is best to use a mixture of garden soil and compost.
- Watering: Maintain a regularly wet but not waterlogged soil. When the top inch of soil seems dry to the touch, water the plant.
- Fertilizing: During the growing season (spring and summer), feed your Raat Rani with a balanced liquid fertilizer every 4-6 weeks.
- Pruning: Trim back any dead or overgrown branches to keep the plant’s form and encourage new development.