Golden Veitchia Merreilii | Golden Christmas Palm
The Golden Veitchia Merreilii palm, also known as the Golden Christmas palm or Areca palm, is a popular ornamental palm tree native to Madagascar. It is a member of the Arecaceae family and is prized for its elegant features and vivid golden-yellow foliage.
- Appearance: The palm features multiple slender, upright stems that grow in clusters, creating a dense and bushy appearance. The stems are usually golden-yellow in color, which gives the palm its common name. The leaves are pinnate (feather-like) and arching, with numerous narrow leaflets that have a glossy texture.
- Size: In its natural habitat, the Golden Cane palm can grow up to 25 feet (7.6 meters) in height. However, when cultivated indoors or in containers, it typically reaches a height of around 6 to 8 feet (1.8 to 2.4 meters).
- Rare Plant or difficult-to-get plant
- Good for screening
- Suitable for road median planting
- Suitable for avenue planting
- Grows best in humid and warm regions