Red Rose, Laal Gulab – Plant
A rose is a woody perennial of the genus Rosa, within the family Rosaceae. There are over 100 species and thousands of cultivars. They form a group of plants that can be erect shrubs, climbing or trailing with stems that are often armed with sharp prickles. Flowers vary in size and shape and are usually large and showy, in colors ranging from white through yellows and reds. Most species are native to Asia, with smaller numbers native to Europe, North America, and northwest Africa. Species, cultivars, and hybrids are all widely grown for their beauty and often are fragrant. Rose plants range in size from compact, miniature roses, to climbers that can reach seven meters in height. Different species hybridize easily, and this has been used in the development of a wide range of garden roses.
Rose Plant Care Tips
- The very first aspect that should come to your mind at the time of planting a rose shrub is the kind of plant that must be planted in the soil. You can get different types of saplings like roses that are in the form of dormant bare root plants or as roses potted in the soil. If you are just starting with the task of rose planting you must start with container roses. It is very easy to plant them in the soil.
- You must bear in mind the fact that roses are a type of highly fragrant flowers which come in a large number of varieties. From climbing roses to the ground covers you can get roses in different colors, fragrances, and sizes. However, to begin with, you must not be too ambitious in your plans. If you think that growing a large variety of roses at a single time is a good idea then you must think again. Many of them are not compatible and can feed into each other’s health, which can ruin your entire garden. Hence do not try to grow too many varieties at the same time.
- Roses grow best in a certain type of climate and environment. It is imperative that the rose bushes mush get sunlight for a continuous period of eight hours. Even then too harsh a sun can be bad for the flowers. In too severe winters try to plant your rose bushes so that they can be kept guarded against the winter’s frosty hails. Additionally, try to plant roses in organically rich soil. It is best to plant roses in a sandy soil that is well-drained.
- The timing of planning the bushes is also very important. Spring is the best period when you can plant roses. The first part of the fall is also a good time to plant roses. This is when the plant gets ample time to strike its roots deep before the arrival of the winters.
- You must water the rose beds regularly so that the harvest can be kept well nourished.