Red Adenium, Obesum – Plant
The Red Adenium, commonly known as the Desert Rose (Adenium obesum), is an enthralling succulent notable for its gorgeous red blossoms and distinctive caudex. This plant, which is native to East Africa and the Arabian Peninsula, thrives in desert places, demonstrating its adaptability to harsh conditions. While it is best grown outdoors, it may also be cultivated indoors with adequate care.The vivid blossoms of Red Adenium appear in clusters, transforming the plant into a center point of any garden or room. The blooming stage occurs during the warmer months, and its long-lasting blossoms attest to its tenacity. The Red Adenium’s greatest distinguishing feature is its swelling stem base, which resembles a bonsai caudex.Whether you’re a gardening enthusiast or a beginner, the Red Adenium’s ability to thrive in various environments and its captivating blooms make it an alluring addition to your plant collection. Its unique caudex and resilience underpin its charm, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a touch of the exotic in their outdoor or indoor spaces.
- Light: Provide ample sunlight. Place your Red Adenium in a spot with full sun for at least 6 hours a day. Outdoors, choose a sunny location with well-draining soil.
- Watering: Allow the soil to dry out between waterings. Water thoroughly, but avoid waterlogging, which can lead to root rot. During the dormant season, reduce watering.
- Soil: Use a well-draining mix with sand or perlite. If planting in containers, ensure proper drainage.
- Fertilization: Feed your Red Adenium with a balanced liquid fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer) every 2-4 weeks. Reduce frequency in winter.
- Pruning: Trim dead or yellowing leaves to promote new growth. Prune after flowering to encourage bushier growth.