ZZ Plant (Aroid palm)
ZZ plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia) is a tropical plant in the Araceae family of aroids. It is also known as the Aroid palm and Zanzibar Gem. It comes from Zanzibar, Kenya, and other parts of Eastern Africa. it is a slow-growing, easy-to-care-for houseplant. ZZ has characteristic oval-shaped, thick waxy dark green leaves. It is a low-maintenance, drought-resistant plant that is perfect for beginning gardeners because it demands very little watering and attention.
Thriving in low-light environments due to its adaptability, the ZZ plant becomes an excellent selection for those in search of effortlessly manageable indoor greenery. Its remarkable ability to withstand sporadic watering and thrive with minimal upkeep distinguishes it. Moreover, the ZZ plant boasts exceptional air-purifying capabilities, elevating indoor air quality and infusing a sense of verdant elegance into your living space.
Elevate your interior with the charm of Zamioculcas Zamiifolia – an aesthetic and robust companion that’s as low-maintenance as it is visually captivating.
- Light: ZZ Plants thrive in low to bright indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight to prevent leaf burn.
- Watering: Allow the soil to dry out between waterings. Water sparingly, as overwatering can lead to root rot.
- Soil: Well-draining soil is key. Use a mix formulated for succulents or cacti to ensure good drainage.
- Fertilizing: Feed once a month during the growing season (spring and summer) with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted to half strength.
- Pruning: Trim yellow or brown leaves at the base. Pruning encourages new growth.