Begonia Angel Wings (Begonia coccinea)
Begonia ‘Angel Wings,’ also known by its scientific name of Begonia coccinea, is a well-liked and eye-catching plant valued for its unusual leaf and vivid appearance. This Begoniaceae family-related begonia cultivar is prized for its enormous, heart-shaped leaves, which have a distinctive texture and coloring
The huge, heart-shaped leaves of this botanical treasure, a member of the Begoniaceae family, are covered with velvety textures and beautiful silver-white markings that resemble airy heavenly wings. Although it can equally adorn outdoor spaces, this begonia, a native of tropical areas, thrives as an alluring inside companion. It is a popular choice for residences, workplaces, and gardens because of its stunning foliage.
The Begonia Angel Wings grows with ease and adds a touch of elegance and beauty to any setting thanks to its liking for bright, indirect light and continuous moisture.
- Light: Provide bright, indirect light for your Begonia Angel Wings. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Water when the top inch of the soil feels dry to the touch. Adjust watering frequency based on the temperature and humidity of your environment.
- Soil: Use well-draining, lightweight potting mix rich in organic matter.
- Humidity: Begonia Angel Wings thrives in higher humidity levels. You can increase humidity by misting the leaves regularly or placing the plant on a humidity tray with water and pebbles.
- Fertilization: During the growing season (spring and summer), feed your plant with a balanced liquid fertilizer every 4-6 weeks.
- Pruning: Trim away any dead or yellowing leaves to maintain the plant’s appearance and encourage healthy growth.