Malvaviscus Hibiscus | Sleeping, Chilli Hibiscus Plant
Malvaviscus Hibiscus, also known as Turk’s Cap, is a tropical and subtropical plant species that belongs to the family Malvaceae. This plant is native to Central and South America, and it is widely cultivated in gardens and landscapes for its attractive flowers.
Features of Sleeping, Chilli Hibiscus:
To care for Malvaviscus Hibiscus:
- Water regularly, especially during hot and dry periods.
- Provide well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter.
- Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer every 4-6 weeks during the growing season.
- Prune as needed to maintain shape and remove dead or diseased branches.
- Provide full sun to partial shade.
- Protect from frost and freezing temperatures.
- Watch for pests such as aphids, spider mites, and whiteflies and treat as
- needed with insecticidal soap or neem oil.
- Propagate by taking stem cuttings in the spring or summer.