Gandharaj Plant, Gardenia
The Gandharaj Plant, scientifically known as Gardenia jasminoides, is a floral wonder that captivates outdoor. This plant is from the Rubiaceae family and is found primarily in China, Japan, and Taiwan. Its lustrous, dark green leaves and pure white, fragrant blooms make it an excellent choice for gardens and outdoor areas. Gardenia jasminoides, known as the “Gandharaj” or “King of Fragrance,” is an adaptable plant with a delightful scent. It finds frequent application in crafting scented teas, oils, and fragrances, as well as in traditional medicine for its healing properties. This plant seamlessly blends the beauty of nature with its appealing fragrance, promising to elevate your space.
- Light and Location: Place your Gardenia in indirect, bright light. It prefers sunlight in the morning and shade in the afternoon.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Water when the top inch of soil feels dry. Use room-temperature, distilled water to prevent mineral buildup.
- Soil: Use well-draining, acidic soil rich in organic matter. A mix of peat moss, perlite, and pine bark works well.
- Fertilization: Feed with a balanced, acidic fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer) every 2-4 weeks. Reduce feeding in fall and winter.
- Pruning: Trim dead or yellowing leaves and spent flowers to encourage new growth. Prune after the blooming season.