Green Cypress Plant
- Common Name: Cupressus
- Botanical Name: Cupressus Sempervirensis Aureum
About the Cypress
Cypress has green needle-like foliage and graceful conical foliage growth pattern, this small conifer has a bright citrus smell. It is easy to care for and is extremely non-fussy and with its green foliage providing a perfect contrast to other plants in a plant cluster.
Excellent for those corners or tables that receive full sun for most of the days. The cypress is a party of one when it comes to brightening any space. A great choice to add some green to your space and to create a much-needed privacy barrier from your intrusive neighbours.
This plant is a fast-growing coniferous evergreen tree much used in horticulture, primarily for hedges and screens. Even on sites of relatively poor culture, plants have been known to grow to heights of 15 metres (49 ft) in 16 years, The tree is a hybrid, almost always sterile, and propagated mainly from cuttings.
These trees are fast-growing North American natives that deserve a prominent place in the outdoor landscape. Many gardeners don, t consider planting cypress because they believe it only grows in wet, boggy soil.
- Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade.
- Watering: Medium.
- Soil: Well-drained soil.
- Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
- Temperature: 65 and 70 degrees C.
Cypress Special Feature
- Cypress gives a new look to your landscape.
- Very attractive and beautiful plant for your garden.
- Species and large growing cultivars for lawn specimen, shrub borders and screen.
- The plant is used for ornamental purposes.
- The plant was believed to calm sexual appetites and was used as a medicine for women.