Variegated Thuja, Thuja occidentalis ‘Sherwood Frost’
Variegated Thuja occidentalis also known as ‘Sherwood Frost’, It is a member of the eastern arborvitae family. It is a compact and ornamental evergreen shrub. It’s famous for its beautiful variegated leaves, which have green needles with yellowish-white or creamy-white patterns.
Sherwood Frost looks great in the outdoors. Because it grows to a modest height of 3 to 4 feet, the pyramidal-shaped Sherwood Frost arborvitae is an excellent choice for gardens, borders, or foundation plantings. With its low-maintenance requirements, this shrub easily enhances the aesthetic appeal of your garden while thriving in full to partial sunlight.
Features of Thuja Variegated:-
How to care for Thuja occidentalis :-
- Sunlight: Thuja plants enjoy direct to indirect sunshine. Consequently, for best results, place them in an area that receives at least 4-6 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Soil: Thuja plants require well-drained soil. Therefore, to guarantee optimum drainage and nutritional availability, it is advisable to use a mix of garden soil and compost.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Adjusting the frequency based on weather conditions. Particularly, during hot periods, it might require more frequent watering.
- Pruning: Regular pruning is essential for maintaining the desired shape and size of the Thuja plant. Moreover, trimming any dead, diseased, or overgrown branches is necessary to encourage healthy growth.
- Fertilization: Feed your Thuja plant with a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in the spring and early summer. However, it’s important to avoid over-fertilization, as it can lead to excessive growth.