Himsagar Mango Fruit Plant “Grafted”
‘Himsagar’ is a popular variety of mango (Mangifera indica) known for its sweet and flavorful taste. It is one of the leading mango varieties cultivated in India, particularly in the state of West Bengal.
Characteristics and information about the Himsagar mango:
- Variety: Himsagar is a popular variety of mango (Mangifera indica).
- Origin: Originated in Murshidabad district, West Bengal, India.
- Appearance: Medium to large-sized mango with smooth, pale yellow skin.
- Flesh: Deep orange to golden-yellow, juicy, tender, and fiberless.
- Taste: Intensely sweet with hints of honey and floral notes.
- Aroma: Strong and enticing fragrance.
- Ripening: Early-season mango, ripe from May to June.
- Cultivation: Thrives in tropical climates, well-draining soil, and sunlight.
- Uses: Eaten fresh, used in desserts, juices, and salads.
- Export: Less widely exported due to delicate nature and short shelf life.
- Cultural Significance: Celebrated during mango festivals in India.
How to care Mango Plant
- Climate: Thrives in tropical and subtropical climates.
- Soil: Requires well-draining soil.
- Sunlight: Needs plenty of sunlight for optimal growth.
- Watering: Requires regular and adequate watering.
- Pruning: Benefits from regular pruning to shape and maintain.
- Fertilization: Requires proper fertilization for healthy growth.
- Pest Control: Needs protection against common mango pests.
- Harvest: Typically ripe from May to June.