Philodendron Xanadu Golden
The Philodendron Xanadu Golden is a captivating tropical houseplant known for its lush, golden-hued foliage. With its compact and bushy growth habit, this variety adds a touch of warmth and luxury to indoor spaces. The leaves feature a mix of green and vibrant golden tones, creating a striking visual contrast. As a member of the Araceae family, this philodendron is easy to care for and thrives in bright, indirect light.
Philodendrons are among the most popular, tolerant, and durable of all house plants. What they all have in common is there ability to survive neglect and adverse conditions.
Philodendron house plants thrive indoors year round without complaint, but they enjoy an occasional stay outdoors in a shady spot when the weather permits. Taking the plant outdoors also gives you a chance to flush the soil with plenty of fresh water and clean the leaves.
It has deeply dissected, lobed golden leaves up to 40 cm long by 30 cm wide glossy leaves. Its flowers have dark red spathes. It may occasionally produce aerial roots.
- Light: Place your Philodendron Xanadu Golden in bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves. Some filtered morning sun is beneficial, but too much direct sun should be avoided.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy. Allow the top inch of the soil to dry before watering again. Ensure proper drainage to prevent root rot.
- Soil: Plant your Philodendron Xanadu Golden in well-draining potting mix with good aeration. A mix designed for tropical plants or aroids is suitable.
- Fertilization: During the growing season (spring and summer), feed your plant with a balanced liquid fertilizer every 4-6 weeks. Dilute the fertilizer to half the recommended strength.
- Pruning: Trim dead or yellowing leaves regularly to maintain the plant’s appearance and encourage new growth. You can also prune to control the plant’s size and shape.