Lagerstroemia Purple Magic, Crape Myrtle Plant
Lagerstroemia ‘Purple Magic’ (Crape Myrtle) is a compact, deciduous shrub with abundant clusters of crinkly, vivid purple flowers at its branch tips in early summer. They emerge amidst the spring foliage of bold, red tinted new leaves, creating a brilliant display. In the heat of summer, the foliage gradually matures to glossy green, setting off the rich purple flowers. This crape myrtle will rebloom in late summer if the first flush of flowers are deadheaded. Highly resistant to leaf spot and powdery mildew, it makes a great specimen plant or flowering hedge, thanks to the sheer intensity of its purple blossoms.
- It is also known as the Crape myrtle tree, its flowers are purple in color.
- It is the state flower tree of Maharashtra.
- A very showy, large deciduous tree with a globular crown and cascading branches.
- Indigenous (native to India), Flowers are followed by persistent fruit.
- Recommended for creating shade, line plantation
- It mainly flowers in the month of March, May, June, July, August, September, October depending on the local climates, sometimes it varies.
- It is a medium-size tree and can grow between 6-8meters in height & spread.
- Beautiful blooms
- Drought is tolerant.
- Low maintenance.
- Highly resistant to mildew.
- Great for smaller gardens.
Lagerstroemia Indica Care
* A full sun lover, this plant is easily grown in average, medium moisture, well drained soils. Drought and heat tolerant. Water regularly until established.
|Sunlight||Full Sun Only|
|Soil||Moderately fertile, well-drained soil.|
- Flowering Tree, Hedge, Screening, Specimen Plant/Focal Point. It can look wonderful as a large solitary shrub or tree surrounded by lawn or groundcovers