Ficus Elastica Ruby, Rubber Plant
Meet Ficus Elastica Ruby, also known as the Rubber Plant, boasting glossy foliage in stunning shades of ruby. Its scientific name reflects its adaptability to a variety of settings. This Southeast Asian native thrives in warm, humid environments. Its hardiness and low maintenance requirements make it an excellent choice for both new and veteran plant enthusiasts. It makes the ideal decor partner thanks to its indoor-friendly temperament. The Ficus elastica ruby is notable for both its air-purifying abilities and its vivid ruby-hued foliage. This unusual and useful plant will elevate your area as it skillfully mixes looks and practicality.
- Light: Place your Rubber Plant in bright, indirect light. Avoid direct sunlight, as it can scorch the leaves.
- Watering: Allow the top inch of the soil to dry out before watering. Then water thoroughly, ensuring proper drainage. Overwatering can lead to root rot, so it’s better to underwater than overwater.
- Humidity: Maintain moderate humidity levels. You can mist the plant occasionally or place a tray of water near it to increase humidity.
- Soil: Use a well-draining potting mix. A mix formulated for houseplants or a blend of peat, perlite, and pine bark works well.
- Fertilization: During the growing season (spring and summer), feed your plant with a balanced liquid fertilizer every 4-6 weeks. Reduce feeding in the colder months.
- Pruning: Prune to shape the plant and remove any yellowing or dead leaves. This encourages new growth.