Chinese Guava, Strawberry Guava (Black) – Amrud Fruit Plant
Common name: Strawberry Black Guava, Chinna Black Guava
Scientific name: Psidium cattleyanum
Height: Plants can grow up to 2-13 meters or up to 40 feet
The guava tree is a highly attractive tree. The leaves and flowers are both mildly fragrant and attractive. The guava tree, if grown in-ground will grow to a height up to 12 feet in tropical regions. The tree will grow to a smaller size in a container. The tree produces white 1-inch size flowers. The guava fruits are about 5 inches in diameter; either oval, round or pear-shaped, and the ripe fruit has a rich pungent smell that spreads quickly in the house. The taste of the fruit varies from sour to sweet, depending on its variety. This fruit plant requires very little maintenance. Firstly, it should get sunlight for more than 6 hours a day. Secondly, water it when the soil seems dry. Prune the tree regularly and add fertilizer after each harvest. We offer an Organic Potting mix that boosts the plant’s growth and makes it more resilient in fighting diseases.
- Strawberry Guava has high amounts of fibre that improves your digestion.
- It is high in lycopene that has antioxidant properties and helps prevent cancer.
- Reduce blood sugar levels and helps fight diabetes, and in addition, can also regulate blood pressure.
- Fortifies your immune system as it is rich in Vitamin C and other antioxidants that are good for skin
- Produces fruit throughout the year
- Firstly, it gives tasty fruit and adds a stunning outlook to your garden.
- Secondly, its wood is strong and durable therefore can be used for lathe work and as firewood.
- It regulates bowel movement in addition to flushing out toxins.
This plant has many nutritional and health benefits.