Dracaena Colorama Yellow- Plant
Dracaena Colorama is a cultivar of the popular indoor plant species Dracaena fragrans. It is characterized by its attractive leaves that are variegated with shades of pink, green, cream, and white, making it a popular choice among plant enthusiasts.
Dracaena Colorama is a low-maintenance plant that can thrive in various indoor settings, including homes, offices, and public spaces. It is also known for its air-purifying qualities, making it an excellent addition to any indoor space.
Care for Dracaena Colorama
Dracaena Colorama is a relatively easy plant to care for, and with the right conditions, it can thrive and grow well. Here are some care tips for this plant:
- Light: Dracaena Colorama prefers bright, indirect light but can also tolerate some degree of shade. Avoid exposing the plant to direct sunlight, which can cause the leaves to burn.
- Watering: Water the plant when the top 1-2 inches of soil feel dry to the touch. Make sure not to overwater the plant, as this can lead to root rot. It’s best to water the plant deeply and then allow the soil to drain before placing it back in its saucer.
- Temperature: The plant prefers temperatures between 60 and 80°F (15-27°C) and should be kept away from cold drafts and direct sunlight.
- Fertilization: Fertilize the plant once a month during the growing season with a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer.
- Repotting: Dracaena Colorama doesn’t require frequent repotting, but it’s essential to refresh the soil every two years or so to ensure the plant has enough nutrients to grow.
- Pruning: Prune the plant as needed to remove dead or yellowing leaves, and to encourage new growth.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant:
- Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving them.
- Do not overwater them suddenly.
- Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to a more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.