Casuarina equisetifolia, Australian pine tree
The Casuarina plant is an evergreen tree originally from Southeast Asia and northern Australia. They grow very fast and have excellent commercial values. It is highly versatile and can adapt to any environment. It improves soil conditions and can prevent soil erosion.
- We can use it as support beams, roofs and, poles for Small houses in construction.
- Bronchia, the bacteria found in the roots of this tree, convert air nitrogen into nitrate salts and store it in the soil, improving the soil.
- Firstly, more plants can be grown per acre compared to other woods.
- Secondly, it returns a high yield, therefore, excellent for commercial farming.
- It is used as shelterbelts in coastal areas and windbreaks for protecting crops.
- They are used to make excellent hot-burning firewood.
- Their timber is stronger than teak but splits much.
- The bark can treat dysentery and diarrhea, the twigs to treat swellings.
- Similarly, they can protect against soil erosion and helps in reclaiming mined areas.
This plant has many commercial and health benefits. Therefore, it’s in high demand these days. We grow our plants using natural and organic methods. To buy one, visit nurserynisarga.in and select your favourite plant. And we can proudly say that we are the best online plants store as we offer high-quality plants and products using natural and organic methods. We have an online plants nursery that offers several nursery online plants.
This plant requires very little maintenance. Firstly, it should get sunlight for more than 6 hours a day. Secondly, water it when the soil seems dry. Prune the tree regularly and add fertilizer after each harvest. We offer an Organic Potting mix that boosts the plant’s growth and makes it more resilient in fighting diseases.