Perlite Fillite – D (Powder)
Perlite is a naturally occurring mineral, and it exists in nature as a type of volcanic glass. When water saturates volcanic obsidian glass over time, perlite starts to form.
Perlite helps to improve harvest yields in your veggie crops, and bigger flowers in the garden. Perlite is a fantastic soil amendment for improving the growth of your seedlings and plants.
There are plenty of reasons why you should add perlite to your soil mix. The unique chemical and physical properties of the material make it suitable for gardening.
- Perlite is stable and retains its shape in your soil mix
- Perlite has a neutral pH, which makes it ideal as a soil amendment
- Perlite contains no chemicals or nutrients
- Perlite is a highly porous material
- Perlite assists gardeners with water retention in the soil while improving drainage