Pink Pearl Black Diamond Crape Myrtle – Lagerstroemia Plant
Lagerstroemia, the crape myrtle (also crepe myrtle, crêpe myrtle, or crepe flower) is a species of flowering plant in the genus Lagerstroemia of the family Lythraceae. It is native to the Indian Subcontinent (hence the species epithet indica) and Southeast Asia, China, Korea, and Japan. The genus name honours Swedish botanist Magnus von Lagerstroemia. It is an often multi-stemmed, deciduous tree with a wide-spreading, flat-topped, rounded, or even spike-shaped open habit. The tree is a popular nesting shrub for songbirds and wrens.
The crepe myrtle is a favourite of many southern gardeners. (Crepe myrtle is the preferred common name in the south). The draw for this plant is that it blooms at a time when most trees are not blooming. If the plant is healthy, it will be covered with blooms that will last for months during the hottest part of the summer.
- Colourful foliage early Spring through Fall
- Beautiful blooms late Spring through Fall
- Drought tolerant
- Low maintenance
- Highly resistant to mildew
- Great for smaller gardens
- Fertilize once per year as new growth emerges.
- Plant in full sun.
- Water thoroughly every other day for the first month.
- Prune each Late Winter/Early Spring to achieve desired height and shape.
There are no reviews yet.