Buy Rubra Champa | Rubra Plumeria Plant (Red)
Plumeria rubra is a species of flowering plant native to Mexico, Central America, and Venezuela. It is commonly known as frangipani or red plumeria, and is a popular ornamental plant in tropical and subtropical regions around the world.
Features of Plumeria rubra:
- Appearance: Rubra Champa is a small deciduous tree that can grow up to 10 meters tall. It has thick, succulent branches with leathery, oblong leaves clustered at the ends. The leaves are glossy green and can be up to 30 cm long.
- Flowers: The flowers are large and showy, with five petals arranged in a spiral. They come in shades of pink, red, yellow, and white and are highly fragrant, particularly at night. The flowers bloom in clusters at the ends of the branches.
- Fragrance: The flowers are highly fragrant and their scent can be described as sweet and floral with a hint of spice. The fragrance is most pronounced at night and is especially attractive to moths.
- Pollinators: Plumeria champa is pollinated by a variety of insects, including bees and butterflies. The flowers are also attractive to moths, which are the primary pollinators of this plant.
Uses of Plumeria Rubra
- Medicinal uses: Used in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments, including fever, coughs, and skin infections. However, caution should be exercised when handling the sap or other parts of the plant, as they can cause skin irritation in some individuals.
- Ornamental value: Rubra Champa is a popular ornamental plant in tropical and subtropical regions around the world. It is often grown for its beautiful and fragrant flowers, which make it a popular choice for gardens, landscapes, and floral arrangements.
There are no reviews yet.