ALTERNANTHERA FICOIDEA ‘PARTY TIME’
Alternanthera Ficoidea Plant “Party Time” is a genus of flowering plants in the amaranth family, Amaranthaceae. Cultivated varieties are fast-growing, compact plants ideal for borders or rockery. Attractive variegated foliage in shades of green and/or gold and often in red or bronze. Grow as a perennial or as a warm-season annual in cooler climates. ‘Partytime’ has green, wavy leaves with magenta splashes and streaks. Some leaves are wholly pink, and some are wholly green.
Plant Basic Information
- Botanical Name- Alternanthera Ficoidea.
- Common Name- Party Time or Jacob’s Coat.
- Family- Amaranthaceae.
- Hardiness- This plant is ideal for indoor and part shade so you can grow them anywhere.
- Plant Type- Perennial Shrub.
- Plant Size- 2-4 feet high in ideal condition. This plant can spread to the same width.
- Planting Time- Early Spring till Summer. In frost-free areas, you also plant them in the fall season.
- Speciality- Beautiful Varigated Green -Pink Foliage is the key attraction of the Party Time plant. They also bloom during late spring although it is not so popular.
- Propagation- A Alternanthera Party Time plant can propagate through its seeds as well as fresh cuttings.
- Uses- It is grown as an Ornamental Decorative Plant.
Alternanthera Ficoidea ‘Party Time’ is a versatile plant that can be grown indoors, and it is unique to its kind with its coloured leaves pattern.
- Sunlight- Place your Alternanthera Ficoidea ‘Party Time’ under bright and indirect sunlight, and do avoid too much direct sunlight because it will cause its leaves to scorch and dry up.
- Soil- These plants require soft well-drained soil rich in organic matter. There is no preference for specific soil ph although close to neutral soil is better for party time plants.
- Water- These plants do not require much watering. They can survive in light moist soil without water even for 2-3 weeks. Although standing water can be a problem for party time roots.
- Fertiliser- Give the plant a shovel of compost once a year.